Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Massage - with a cow horn

Realising that I was particularly stressed - as my neck was like concrete, I decided to venture into a busy massage place - which looked quite legit. What an experience!

For AU$30 I had 90 minutes of foot reflexology, ear cleaning, back, neck and head massage ending with what can only be called a facial.

Hot towels, cupping (popular in Chinese medicine), prodding and scraping with various implements - one of which was a smooth edged cow horn. The young male masseur, probably straight out of massage college, was snappily dressed in a black trousers and shirt with maroon tie and maroon silk waistcoat. Our language difference caused few problems, as he was able to interpret my ow's and ah's.

While he was viciously prodding my feet, which was quite painful, a woman came in to the room with a miners light, and an assortment of gear including a swag of miniature bottle cleaners. After my lug holes were appropriately reamed, she chimed a tuning fork and held to an implement stuck in my ear causing my lug holes to resonate at the same pitch.

I feel better now! Although I have cup bruises (no less than 13) all over my back.

Here is a video of some other people's experience, probably at the same establishment.

No comments: