Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bwaaahh pheeuuuuwwwww!!!!


The toilet in my ground floor apartment last night must have decided to "burp" gas.

The stench of Chinese sewers consumed my apartment. I opened windows and doors, left the extractor fan on all night, and was thankful for a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a tissue near my nose.

I can only hope it is not a regular occurrence :-(

Here is a photo looking into the bathroom. The wooden toilet seat is too small for me so I can't use it. The very Chinese hot water service provides the shower below it via very Chinese exposed plastic plumbing. To get hot water to the hand basin or kitchen I need to carry it in a bowl. There is no shower curtain, so everything gets wet. The floor is always wet. The mop is important. The hose runs from the washing machine hidden on the left to a large hole in the floor from which the terrible smell most probably emanated. The washing machine (as are all appliances) has knobs and buttons and dials in Chinese, which demands some intuitive experimentation.

No comments: