Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life can be good in Jinan !

After several days of spring rain and some wind -

  • the streets are clean,
  • the vegetation has been washed,
  • people are smiling, and whistling,
  • kids are laughing,
  • the air is clear,
  • and there's blue sky!

The weather is highly agreeable - bright warm sunshine with a cool breeze.
For the first time, I can now see fascinating mountainous hills encircling much of the city - they often have pagodas on the top of them. Very aesthetic.
At work, the half way point has been reached, and the tortuous essay assignment has been concluded. Moderation is complete. (We are now starting on an assignment involving surveys, reports and an oral presentation).
My colleagues are agreeable. The students are a delight as always.
In my own time, and on the behest of my boss, I sat in on a Chinese teacher's English class, and was most impressed. I offered her a reciprocal experience.
In my absence, my apartment has been cleaned by Jo the lovely cleaning lady. Such a pleasure to open the door to a clean and tidy apartment!
I have just opened a cold beer (cheap and excellent quality), chomped on a hard boiled egg (cooked in soy sauce).
Now I'm settling down for a Skype chat with my partner, whom I miss so much!
What's this? An SMS message from my boss? We won't get paid tomorrow as promised?
Oh, well....

No comments: