Friday, April 11, 2008

Eating out with affable people

"Come on, join us for a meal at a great restaurant I know."

This has always been music to my ears, as I have learned from my travels that even if you are dog-tired (as I was), if you don't seize such opportunities then you are no richer for the experience. "Us" was a group of four young foreign teachers (American, German, Phillipino, Chinese) from my apartment block, with whom I had not shared a meal before.

The challenge of Chinese menus notwithstanding, a wonderful array of dishes (dry fried fish portions, egg and mushrooms, spicy noodles and a fried spicy mash potato) were quickly consumed. $11 total. Great company, good service, clean toilets, silly talk, lots of laughter, and a short walk in the brisk evening breeze to the city square afterwards, before a taxi home. And mercifully, an odourless sleep.

Photo: Google Images www.atlaspost.com

No comments: