Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frog in Beijing


After last class Wednesday, and sporting a filthy cold, I was driven in a University Car - whoo hoo - (at the gates the sentries saluted, and I saluted back), to the airport, for a later Beijing flight. I whiled away the waiting time chatting to a delightful young Chinese man who turned out to be a reporter with the China Daily, and who was returning after an assignment covering the terrible train crash. He was exhausted. Being dispassionate has its price. He assisted me to get on the correct shuttle bus to the area of the city I was going to (there are no less than 5 different shuttle buses). "Welcome to my home city, Beijing."

Woke this morning to see a thick fog. Well I think it's fog. But sadly, I suspect it's not.

Update: 2pm. It's not fog.


Update 2 days later after a rainstorm, which washed the "fog" away. (some locals say "frog".)
This is what it looks like:

No comments: